Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New York, Spring It On!

Hello everyone! I'm sure you know that New York Fashion Week just ended and its time for Spring 2013 coveted looks from NYFW post!! I'm gonna get through one by one about my favorite looks from nyfw SS13, here we go!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I noticed white white white everywhere! White domination is definitely in for SS13. Rag&Bone did an amazing cropped jacket in white leather. I'm so obsessed with white leather because they look clean but so structured and so strong. Cropped jacket is definitely an item to hunt, it could transform your layering to the next level, it doesn't make your layering look too cluttered but still create a big impact on your total look. Jason Wu did an amazing bird cage print, but what attracted me the most was his sheer blazer in white, again, it could take your layering to the next level. I'm so happy to see harnesses at BCBG Max Azria, I love how they made them white and layered them with amazing dresses with asymmetrical hemline!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS? Highlight of the NYFW baby its Alexander Wang! He did amazing pieces, like, he teared off dresses and jackets and put them back together using fishing line. The accessories was hmph, okay, but I'm still amazed by the clothing. Ah he's so amazing, creating stiff and structured pieces like that is just like he created pieces based on what I've been looking for. Prabal Gurung this season still didn't beat his SS12 prints, but I was hooked on his cropped jacket (I'm sure this will be a trend!) the shape of the front flap is great, it's a perfect statement piece for layering!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm all about statement pieces, so when I saw this skirt from Derek Lam, I just fell in love with it! I love how he styled it with laid back lazy cutting silver sweater, another mix and match Idea! Theysken's Theory never ever disappoints me. He did this top, simple cutting but with very scrunchy-fluffy-I don't know how to call it- materials (DIY alert!! :p) and he did amazing white sheer pieces with perfect cutting, I'm actually very happy to see designers using white sheer materials without making them look "bridal" or something
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
You may already notice it from the picture, yeah Rodarte is one of my favorites of my favorites of nyfw shows! The structure and the prints reminds me of Mary Katrantzou a bit, but they make them look sporty and very game character-ish. Oh YOU SHOULD see the shoes!!! I'm gonna make a post dedicated exclusively for them, best shoes in SS13 while other designers are doing gladiators which was..............nay
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Rebecca Minkoff perfectly creates clean and printed pieces, their fading prints are so beautiful! While designers are mostly using bold and very artsy prints (not that I hate them, I LOVE them!) Rebecca Minkoff separates her design with this fading floral and gradient print. Chic!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Surprise surprise! I'm still kinda shocked that I love J Crew collection, because I thought they only do very casual laid back pieces but then I saw their preview on Bryanboy's instagram. I didn't realize how I'm really into cute vintage prints until I saw this collection. Need to have shirt like that one in the 2nd pic!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm not usually a fan of Oscar De La Renta, but I should say he rocked this season! That floral blouse is what I've been looking for! Very structured, statement, loud in its calm color, it's perfect. The fuchsia jacket is so hot! I love patterned embellishment like that and he styled it with turquoise patent, amazing, just like how Ashley and Mary-Kate styled their collection; Elizabeth&James, I love their simple pieces but the way the styled them makes them very chic and stood out. One thing, do you see the gladiator? Ugh my most hated trend in SS13
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Great bottoms from Pierre Balmain and Michael Kors!! That structured peplum short is chic isn't it? I always feel that I have a very big hips, that peplum and structured shorts look good on me (and hide my belly too :p) That grommets yellow leather skirt from Michael Kors is going to replace all the neon bandage skirts that I'm planning to buy, it will kick 'em ass! Very very edgy, and Michael Kors did amazing accessories! (No wonder. He's like the Godfather of accessories). My favorite are his clear hand cuff and the shoes. Here's a new one; Holly Fulton. (yes I know she was in LFW but I just can't help it!) I can't remember exactly why I ended up browsing their SS13 looks, but I loooove their idea putting flowers on plastic fabric. Though I'm not really into the colors and I think they could choose other piece to apply that idea (I think a shift dress is cute, for layering of course!) I'm sure She's gonna be big!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The first thing I said when I saw their last dress in detail: "I THOUGHT THEY WERE FLOWERS!" Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez totally mindfucked me with their prints, sorry, but they did! They are super genius! I really have nothing to say more about their collection, oh one, I love the high neck lines. Another amazing prints in SS13 show

Soooo, that's all! I can't wait for Spring Summer 2013! I love the trends! Really. can't. wait.

xx
Talita